Outfitter Nepal Treks
9-Day Tour of Nepal & Bhutan Only €2014pp with Outfitter Nepal Treks
Itinerary - View Printable Version
Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1345meters) and transfer to hotel: You will be met by our airport representative and transferred to hotel, your evening is relevantly free, and after you have refreshed, you can get familiar with the area by going for a stroll down the street and overnight at hotel.
Full day sightseeing of Kathmandu Valley: after having breakfast at hotel, we start our tour, and the tour begins in Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambunath (Monkey temple) in the morning and sightseeing in Pashupatinath Temple and Baudhnath Stupa in the afternoon, the Kathmandu is a wonderful mix of the ancient & the new & this includes western influences that sometimes makes visiting the capital an interesting place to spend time in as the old stubbornly jostles for its place with rising attractions from Europe & the West. Some of the sites you visit are UNESCO declared world heritage sites & you will truly enjoy visiting these ancient monuments & learning of its mystic history you’re your professional guide, overnight at Hotel.
Kathmandu to Paro, drive to Thimphu: After having breakfast at hotel, we transfer you to Kathmandu airport to flight to Paro, Bhutan and upon arrival in Paro Airport and after clearing customs and immigration, keep your copy of the visa clearance letter handy and meet your Guide and driver outside the terminal building and transfer to Thimphu, stroll around the city in the evening and overnight at hotel.
Visit Thimphu valley- Punakha: After having breakfast at hotel, visit Trashichhoedzong, the beautiful medieval fortress/monastery which houses most of the Government’s office and King’s Throne room and it is also the summer residence of Je Khenpo, the Chief Abbot, then visit National Library which has vast collection of ancient Buddhist texts and manuscripts, after that drive to Arts & Crafts School, famous for traditional thangkha paintings where you will see, students at work producing intricate design on cloth, later visit Textile and Folk Heritage Museums, a fascinating testimony of the Bhutanese material culture and living traditions, after lunch visit Handicrafts Emporium which displays wide assortment of beautifully hand-woven and crafted products then drive to Memorial Chorten, the Stupa built in the memory of Bhutan’s Third King who is popular and statues inside this monument provide a deep insight into Buddhist philosophy, in late afternoon drive to Punakha across Dochula pass (3,080m ) and overnight at the hotel.
Punakha / Wangduephodrang / Paro (150 Km, 5 Hours): After breakfast visit Punakha Dzong, Built strategically at the junction of Pho Chhu and Mo Chhu rivers in 1637 by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal to serve as the religious and administrative centre of the region, Punakha Dzong has played an important role in Bhutan’s history. Damaged by four catastrophic fires and an earthquake, the Dzong has now been fully restored, and then drive to Wangdiphodrang visiting Dzong and local market. The district of Wangdiphodrang is also famous for its bamboo products, slate and stone carvings. After lunch drive to Paro with a short stop at Dochula pass. En route visit Simtokha Dzong, the oldest fortress of the Kingdom built in 1627, it now houses the School for Buddhist studies and overnight at the hotel in Paro.
Visit Paro and Taktsang Monastery: After breakfast at the hotel, take an excursion to Taktsang Monastery, the most famous of Bhutanese monasteries and It is said that Guru Rinpoche arrived here on the back of a tigress and meditated at this monastery hence it is called “Tiger’s Nest”. The excursion to monastery takes about 5 hours for round trip, afternoon visit Ta Dzong, the National Museum of the Kingdom, originally built as Watch Tower since 1967 it is acting as the National Museum of the country and holding a fascinating collection of art, artefacts, thangkha paintings and Bhutan’s exquisite postage stamps. Then walk down the trail to visit Rinpung Dzong which has a long and fascinating history and overnight at hotel.
Flight from Paro to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel: After breakfast at hotel drive to the airport for flight to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel in Kathmandu and your evening is free and overnight at hotel.
Full day sightseeing tour of Patan and Bhaktapur and Nagarkot: After enjoying a good breakfast in your hotel, we will embark for Sightseeing at the ancient Patan Durbar Square and Bhaktapur Durbar Square that are highly known for their immense & tragic historical features that include heritage monuments that still echo the vibrant histories of these once-upon-a-time ancient kingdoms that had separate kings who lived life to the hilt but suffered tragic defeats at the hands of the famous Gurkha king Prithvi Narayan Shah & bullet holes can still be seen on the wall of these ancient palaces till this day. It was king Prithvi that finally unified a feudal Nepal that was constantly at war with one another and created a dynasty that still survives in Nepal today, then we will drive to Nagarkot , sunset view and overnight at Hotel
Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure: We are confident that you’ve enjoyed one of the best holidays ever & will go back home with lasting memories of this amazing country. Our escorts & vehicles will be on standby at your hotel to take you to the airport for your final departure home sweet home. It’s been wonderful knowing you. We hope to see you again!! Bon Voyage!
- All airport transfers by private tourist vehicles.
- All ground transportation by comfortable private vehicles.
- Four night’s Twin-shared hotel accommodation in Nepal with breakfast.
- Four night’s Twin-shared hotel accommodation Bhutan with breakfast, Lunch and dinner.
- Sightseeing in Nepal and Bhutan by an experienced English speaking local tour guide.
- Government taxes, permits, sightseeing entrance fees for museums and monuments as per the
- Bhutanese visa fee.
- Flight from Kathmandu- Bhutan-Kathmandu.
- International flights to and from Nepal.
- Nepalese visa fee (easily available after arriving at the Tribhuwan International Airport in
- All personal expenses (personal gear, telephone calls, beverages, internet, laundry, etc.)
- Meals in While you are in Nepal.
- Travel insurance
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Anything not mentioned in the included section.
- Valid for departure dates specified: Year 2017 - 10 & 24 January - 10 & 24 February - 10 & 24 March - 10 & 24 April - 10 & 24 June - 10 & 24 August - 10 & 24 September - 10 & 24 October - 10 & 24 November - 10 & 24 December - Departure Dates - Year 2018 - 10 & 24 January - 10 & 24 February - 10 & 24 March - 10 & 24 April - 10 & 24 June - 10 & 24 August - 10 & 24 September - 10 & 24 October - 10 & 24 November - 10 & 24 December
- Entire value must be used in one visit
- Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
- Booking required and subject to availability
- You have the right to cancel this purchase within 14 days, provided you have not redeemed your voucher
- Cash refund within 14 days
- 80% credit for unused vouchers unless stated otherwise in the fine print - claim within 6 months of expiry - use to save from 5% to 15% on future offer purchases
- We only work with the best merchants
- Although your contract is with the merchant, We are on your side, with the highest standards of customer care.
- We're Irish and committed to Irish jobs